Welcome to the Library at St. Mary’s College of Maryland’s Reading Circle. The Reading Circle hosts the library’s Summer Reading program. The 2012 program will run from June 4 – August 17. Read books. Win prizes.
The Summer Reading program is open to all members of the SMCM Library community including students, staff, faculty, alumni and residents of the Tri-County area (St. Mary’s, Calvert and Charles counties.) You may read anything you like as long as a copy is available at the SMCM Library, Southern Maryland Public Libraries (COSMOS) or via USMAI. To get points you must post a review on the blog. Note: If you work for the college your One Card is your library card.
- Select a book available from the SMCM Library, or via COSMOS or USMAI. The book may be fiction, non-fiction or a genre work, the choice is up to you.
- Read the book(s) between June 4 and August 17.
- Post a review to the SMCM Library Reading Circle Blog. Your review can be as short as a few sentences or as long as you want. [See sample reviews.]
- No special registration is required. Your first review will serve as your registration.
- The more books you review the more prizes you can win.
- Submit one review and win a book mark or mini puzzle.
- Submit three reviews and win a set of postcards or a refrigerator magnet.
- Submit five reviews and win a poster from Unshelved.
- Submit seven reviews and win a tote bag or a book.
- Submit 10 reviews and win a bag of library swag.
- Monthly prize drawings.
- SMCM Library’s Popular Reading Collection A small sample of titles from the Popular Reading Collection located on the 2nd floor of the library.
- SMCM New Books. A selection from the most recent titles added to the SMCM Library.
- 2011 Award Winners & Nominees for the Booker, Pulitzer and National Book Critics Circle awards.
- Pamela’s Recommendations
Please contact Pamela Mann.