Welcome to the St. Mary’s College Library Summer Reading blog. The 2017 program will run from June 1 – August 18. Read books. Win prizes.
The Summer Reading program is sponsored by the St. Mary’s College of Maryland Library, Archives & Media Center. It is open to all members of the St. Mary’s College community including students, staff, faculty & alumni and residents of St. Mary’s, Calvert and Charles counties. You may read anything you like as long as a copy is available at the St. Mary’s College Library, Archives & Media Center (SMCM), Southern Maryland Libraries (COSMOS) or via USMAI. You don’t need to check the book out of the library. To get points you must post a review on the blog.
Note: If you work for St. Mary’s College your One Card is your library card.
- Select a book available from St. Mary’s College, COSMOS or USMAI. The book may be fiction, non-fiction or a genre work, the choice is up to you.
- Read the book(s) between June 1 and August 18.
- Post a review to the SMCM Summer Reading Blog. Your review can be as short as a few sentences or as long as you want. Each review is worth 1 point. [See sample reviews.]
- Complete a reading challenge and earn an additional half (.5) point.
- No special registration is required. Your first review will serve as your registration.
- The more books you review the more prizes you can win.
- Earn one point and win a book mark.
- Earn three points and win a set of postcards, sticker or a refrigerator magnet.
- Earn five points and win a book.
- Earn seven points and win a tote bag, mug or water bottle or a book + sticker.
- Earn 10 points and win a bag of library swag.
- Monthly prize drawings.
- Grand Prize drawing for a $25 Amazon gift card (1) or a LAMC hoodie (1). Open to participants who earn at least 5 points.
- New Books at St. Mary’s College, a selection of recent titles added to the college library including Popular Reading and Kindle Titles (Updated 2016), Graphic Novels and Zombies, Vampires & Monsters.
- Pamela’s Recommendations (2017)
Please contact Pamela Mann