Welcome to the St. Mary’s College Library Summer Reading blog. The 2016 program will run from June 1 – August 19. Read books. Win prizes.
The Summer Reading program is sponsored by the St. Mary’s College of Maryland Library. It is open to all members of the St. Mary’s College community including students, staff, faculty & alumni and residents of St. Mary’s, Calvert and Charles counties. You may read anything you like as long as a copy is available at the St. Mary’s College Library (SMCM), Southern Maryland Libraries (COSMOS) or via USMAI. You don’t need to check the book out of the library. To get points you must post a review on the blog.
Note: If you work for St. Mary’s College your One Card is your library card.
- Select a book available from St. Mary’s College, COSMOS or USMAI. The book may be fiction, non-fiction or a genre work, the choice is up to you.
- Read the book(s) between June 1 and August 19.
- Post a review to the SMCM Summer Reading Blog. Your review can be as short as a few sentences or as long as you want. Each review is worth 1 point. [See sample reviews.]
- Complete a reading challenge and earn an additional half (.5) point.
- No special registration is required. Your first review will serve as your registration.
- The more books you review the more prizes you can win.
- Earn one point and win a book mark.
- Earn three points and win a set of postcards or a refrigerator magnet.
- Earn five points and win a book.
- Earn seven points and win a tote bag, mug or a book + postcards.
- Earn 10 points and win a bag of library swag.
- Monthly prize drawings.
- Grand Prize drawing for a $25 Amazon gift card. Open to participants who earn at least 5 points.
- New Books at St. Mary’s College, a selection of recent titles added to the college library including Popular Reading and Kindle Titles (Updated 2016), Graphic Novels and Zombies, Vampires & Monsters.
- Pamela’s Recommendations (2016)
Please contact Pamela Mann